H796- MA Legislature
- Final Graphs ’08 (click to view PDF)
- MA Gamefish Bill Jan. ’09 (click to view PDF)
HD245- now called H796 – since it has been assigned to committee, a bill to make striped bass a game fish in Massachusetts was introduced to the MA legislature in January of 2009. Attached you will find a copy of the bill as well as a list of the objective Stripers Forever hopes to achieve with this legislation.
- How small the commercial striped bass fishery is relative to other commercial fishing in MA.
- How important striped bass are to the recreational fishery in MA.
- The number of recreational participants compared to commercial ones.
- The number of commercial permit holders, than those that claimed to have fished at all, that had any landings at all, and that had landings of any magnitude.
- On side two we show – even though it is already more than two years old, and doesn’t reflect the true current situation – the decline in the spawning stock biomass of large stripers, and the increase in fishing mortality levels as measured by the Atlantic States Marine Fishery Commission.
Please do not hesitate to e-mail us at email@example.com with any questions that you might have.